Sr. Financial Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to partner closely with the Indie Publishing business team i.e. business team that supports independent authors on Kindle. The scope covers both e-books and p-books (Print on Demand POD print books). This business is part of the larger fast growing worldwide Kindle Content Business and the role is expected to provide strong financial controllership, P&L reporting and forecasting, financial analysis and guidance on new business initiatives, cost efficiency projects, executive reporting and variance analysis. This role will have significant visibility to senior leadership and will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to meaningfully impact Kindle Content's top-line growth as well as contribute to profitability improvements.
This role will be a good fit if you:
- are highly analytical, detailed oriented and have solid conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- thrive in fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations and able to multi task with several priorities
- are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way
- are able to work with large sets of data
- Creating financial forecasts and variance analyses and presenting to Sr. Mgmt.
- Working with business teams to create financial models
- Doing ad hoc analyses for supporting key business decisions
- Doing deep dives to understand business processes and their financials impact
- Supporting business reviews with Int'l teams
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- MBA from a top school
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business support involving forecasting, variance analysis
- Advanced Excel, PowerPivot skills
- SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of VBA or any other programming languages
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- A strong track record of past professional achievement
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top