Sr Financial Analyst
- Chennai, India
Where will Amazon's growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature?
Who are we:
These are some of the most important questions at Amazon today. North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) will be the answer to many of those questions. Our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) utilize Amazon robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track millions of items in a day. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new site launches, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to senior leadership (C suite) driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
NACF seeks a Sr Financial Analyst to join the Finance and Accounting Central Team supporting the NACF Network. The Finance and Accounting Central Team own forecasting, benchmarking, month end close and associated reporting for NACF. The team is working to improve standardization, visibility and communication to drive results. We drive results by continuing to improve efficiency throughout our processes resulting in both cost and time savings for our operations and finance teams. We are seeking individuals with excellent finance and accounting skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication to all levels of the organization. Quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential to the team. This role provides an excellent opportunity to Think Big and understand the overall NACF network. It is also a highly visible position as it involves working closely with senior leadership.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail; as well as with research scientists, technical product managers, and software developers. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
• Utilizing solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interoperate data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon which may have global impact.
• Responsible for delivering weekly/monthly financial close, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and consolidations utilizing financial systems and advance excel functions.
• Create effective business partnership, manage competing priorities, and providing guidance during unexpected events
• Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues
• Collecting and analyzing quantitative data to develop relevant reports leading to cost reductions
• Take part in hiring, developing, and mentoring activities while you seek value, and leverage diverse perspectives
• Proactively identify opportunities to resolve finance defects and improve, scale, or simplify finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contribute to work life harmony by becoming a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top