Amazon strives to be the earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of market-leading, innovative, and fast-growing businesses including Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. This is an exciting opportunity for an operationally minded candidate who is passionate about hardware and digital services and is interested in supporting the Division's efforts in global economics.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Economics and the FP&A teams to complete financial analysis in support of business objectives. This role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and an excellent track record of influencing business partners up to the VP level. The candidate must have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies (including statistical concepts) while dealing with big data and be able to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. Additionally, this job has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Creating financial models, analysis and ROI/ROIC for demand planning and systems projects
• Creating of new financial models, financial views and concepts that will be leveraged by product categories to drive investment decisions
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
• Creating and implementing financial and operating performance metrics, identifying key call outs and drivers to senior management
• Financial support of quarterly business reviews and controllership of the operating team
• Build out new and improve existing finance processes to ensure data integrity and efficient analyses
Please note this role has flexibility to be located in Arlington,VA, Sunnyvale, CA, or Seattle,WA.
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
• Strong analytical and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex financial views to business teams
• Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
• Can translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment
• Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Advanced Excel & business modeling skills (pivot tables, V-look ups, Macros, etc.)
• Knowledge of SQL, Cognos and Essbase
• MBA or equivalent is helpful, but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us