Sr. Financial Analyst
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to become a leader helping to support our fast growing fulfillment center networks? Would you enjoy tackling problems that have never been solved before in a fast paced start-up environment? If you answered "yes," then working in our growing Launch Finance team is the right place for you.
Who we are
The Launch Finance team is an organization that supports Launch Operations and is a part of the wider Infrastructure Finance team that supports Real Estate, Design & Construction, Procurement, and Engineering within the Fulfillment Center network. We are responsible for all financial and operations planning for Fulfillment Center Launches, drive standardization for financial reporting for new Launches, drive cost-out initiatives together with the business teams, and create key management information dashboards for our business partners.
The Senior Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to work with Director Level Operators and Finance professionals, as well as work closely with a cross functional team supporting new launches. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support multiple businesses, lead programs, and manage local, regional, or global teams.
Success in this role
The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to work with internal business partners at all levels of the organization and will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization. The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be a creative analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close.
• Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets.
• Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner.
• Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members.
• Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities. Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively.
• Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) Job Requirements (Optional) Travel 10% Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays. May need to work virtually until corporate guidance changes.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top