Sr. Financial Analyst
- Vancouver, Canada
At Amazon Alexa Shopping we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow customers to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Alexa Shopping strives to make discovering, exploring, and purchasing products more convenient and delightful for customers through Alexa. We enable consumers to take immediate action on any need they have by simply interacting with an Alexa-enabled device, from the apps on their mobile phone to the Fire TV in their living room. We seek big-thinkers looking to work in an agile and entrepreneurial organization to join us in shaping the future of everyday life for millions of customers worldwide.
Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
Our Alexa Shopping Finance org team is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst who is passionate about the customer experience to act globally and drive innovation. The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities and superior written and verbal communications skills. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The role requires strong understanding of large datasets and Finance, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, an entrepreneurial ability to work with minimal direction, and rapid prototyping. The successful candidate will have the freedom to think big, innovate and create new processes and mechanism to drive controllership and impact all retail businesses worldwide.
This is a highly visible role, so influential leadership and communications skills are critical to being a successful candidate A successful member of this team collaborates effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards.
Responsibilities include to:
• Develop scalable financial models or reports that align, and simplify monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
• Build scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance teams
• Have data analytic discussions in business review meetings with cross functional business stakeholders, senior management and business managers
• Complete ad hoc financial modelling and analysis
• Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
• 3+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• MBA from a reputed School
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
• Advanced knowledge of SQL
• Ability to present ideas to a group of senior level managers
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top