Sr. Finance Manager, WW Kindle Content FP&A Controller
Amazon seeks an experienced Sr. Finance Manager to lead our Worldwide Kindle Digital Content FP&A controller function with a team of 6. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most transformative businesses at Amazon. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders around the world. This individual will directly oversee a team in Seattle and partner with finance and senior leaders globally.
- Lead financial planning and forecasting, including developing and implementing standardized financial reports across multiple countries.
- Implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Long Term Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develop and report on weekly financial and operational performance metrics, including creation of KPIs
- Lead FP&A process, headcount tracking and goals processes for the business. Review existing processes and streamline for efficiency; set up tools and dashboards for leadership.
- Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments.
- Lead ad hoc analysis and new project evaluations, including structuring the problem, performing analysis, and presenting to senior executives.
- Lead and participate as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Controllership of monthly financial reporting and close
- MBA or Master degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 10+ years finance leadership with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years' experience managing people
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of financials reporting and data mining tools (Cognos, SQL, Access, etc.)
- Strong communication, including both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and accounting background
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- Experience in corporate FP&A
- Strong in process management, managing PMOs, six sigma certification or related certifications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top