Sr. Finance Manager FP&A-Consumer International
Amazon is currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking finance leader to join its ever-growing International Consumer Finance team as a Sr Finance Manage, Financial Planning & Analysis based at its global headquarters in Seattle. This position will drive strategic initiatives to improve financial reporting efficiency and customer experience through automation, process improvements, and defects prevention. The Sr Finance Manager will also be in charge of developing a talent pipeline to scale the HQ FP&A organization.
The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have strong leadership skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment.
The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and lead teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation & change management, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints.
- Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Simplify and standardize reporting across International consumer & collaborate with HQ standardization processes.
The WW Consumer business comprises eleven websites in the US, CA, MX, UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, BR, CN and IN. It also includes the subsidiaries of Zappos, Quidsi, Abe Books, Book Depository and Buy VIP among others. These teams include hundreds of thousands of employees in our fulfillment and customer support centers in addition to over 30K employees in our corporate offices around the world. The Worldwide Consumer Business exceeded $100B of revenue in 2016 and approached $200B of gross merchandise sales.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant finance experience
- 5+ years of directly supervising teams and developing people
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Prior FP&A Experience in a Global, multi layered organization, with successful track record of managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be attentive to details and possess the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills and ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience working in a matrix environment; knows how to influence strategy and achieve goals by working across the organization
- Proven track record leading financial processes and structure, preferably in a global organization with P&L and/or FP&A responsibility
- Respected leader of a team that inspires growth and development, attracting and retaining the highest quality finance professionals
- Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, etc.
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus, COGNOS experience also a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top