Sr. Finance Manager, FP&A - Global Specialty Fulfillment
Amazon is currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking finance leader to join its Global Specialty business team as a Sr. Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis. Global Specialty consists of multiple investment businesses (e.g. Prime Now, Restaurants and Fresh). This position will be based at global headquarters in Seattle. This position will drive strategic initiatives to improve financial reporting efficiency and customer experience through automation, process improvements, and defects prevention.
The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute results. The right individual will have strong leadership skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and lead teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation & change management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs.
- Drive annual and multi-year budgeting and planning process.
- Lead monthly analysis of operating plan budget to actual results.
- Perform deep dive analysis requiring financial modeling to develop recommendations and impact the decision making of senior leadership.
- Translate multi-year goal statements into fundamental key performance indicators which can be used to effectively diagnose positive or negative trends and support business decisions.
- Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Simplify and standardize reporting across the worldwide businesses.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 8+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 5+ years' experience directly supervising teams and developing people
- 5+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 5+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- 5+ years' experience working with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of Cognos, Hyperion, Essbase
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top