Sr Finance Manager - EU Inbound programs
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Overview: Senior Finance Manager Supply Chain
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners.
Our Finance leaders work with multiple sites, including regional partners. They help others understand results and are the trusted business advisor for all levels of leadership. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come lead, teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work with teams that are fast and smart. You will provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted. Your experience of delivering operational improvements, driving savings to the bottom or improving customer experience, will support you in knowing where to look.
Responsible for providing financial support, analysis and control to the EU Supply Chain Management Director, who oversees EU Inbound programs.
EU Supply Chain programs involves diving deep into our network optimization, working out how we best utilize our current centers to serve the best needs of our customers. Operational Planning involves working cross-functionally to build the annual plans for our fulfillment centers, optimizing the customer experience and financials within physical constraints.
To do this, the Senior finance manager will need to consult with colleagues within the business and the finance function across Europe, ensuring that we make the right tradeoffs to maximize free cash flow and reduce costs on a YOY basis.
• Proven experience in an Operations environment will be helpful in understanding how to drive a real difference in the business
• Proven experience of working in an environment supporting operational improvements and cost-out initiatives
• Proven expertise evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful reports that lead to improved business results
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationship amongst your business partners you influence the decisions across various regions. You can uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites or region and create new mechanisms as they are needed
• Proven ability to lead teams with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• Relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• Directly supervising teams and developing people
• Experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
• Ability to travel 10-20%, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
• MBA/and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Leadership experience with demonstrated and proven ability to take on and create new solutions
• Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Proven leadership achieving effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while successfully driving complex and milestone driven projects
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• Working experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
• Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top