Sr. Finance Manager - Corporate Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com seeks a Senior Finance Manager to partner with the company's Corporate Development and Strategic Business Development organizations, focusing on Amazon's retail business ecosystem including U.S. and International e-commerce, physical retail, logistics/transportation, advertising, payments, and streaming media. This high-visibility position owns the financial analyses that guide decision-making on a small team that drives strategic corporate transactions across Amazon. The person in this role will be responsible for evaluating a wide range of business opportunities, including M&A, equity investments/warrants, wide-ranging commercial partnerships, and other strategic options. The person in this position will assist in leading due diligence efforts and conduct extensive research on industries, potential partners, and competitors and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and Amazon's executive team. Many assignments will be highly ambiguous and require an independent, intellectually curious individual who can frame situations through multiple lenses including the end-customer, business owner, and corporate finance professional. In addition, this position leads a small team of Finance professionals aligned around the same objectives.
- BA / BS degree required and a minimum 8 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 6 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of corporate development, private equity, investment banking, or other transaction-related / due diligence experience
- 8+ years of corporate development, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or equivalent experience with a focus on retail ecosystems (e-commerce/physical, digital advertising, digital streaming, transportation/logistics, and/or payments)
- MBA from a highly regarded university
- High proficiency with valuation modeling and techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency with Excel and Capital IQ
- Excellent business judgment - Persuasive oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and managing high performance teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top