Sr Finance Manager, AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Senior Finance Business Partner to be a key member of AWS Marketing Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon.
This role will help drive growth of AWS business by providing strategic guidance and analytical insights to senior leaders using various investment frameworks and measurement techniques. It will oversee the financial planning, reporting, and month end close for AWS Field Marketing. Additionally, it will effectively partner with Accounting, Tax, Economists, Data Science and other Finance teams to report and evaluate impact of marketing investments on financial results, sales pipeline and AWS brand perception. The role will manage an international team and strategically partner with senior business leaders across Europe and Asia to provide financial intelligence for key decisions and assist with evaluating business opportunities, measuring outcomes from investments and developing long term plans.
• Lead a team of Finance Managers and Senior Financial Analysts across Europe and Asia.
• Create and implement performance metrics to measure effectiveness of marketing investments
• Develop financial insights in support of marketing investment decisions
• Drive planning and forecasting processes
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing senior business leaders and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with business executives across Amazon, therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
• 20 years of relevant finance business partnering experience with increasing levels of responsibility
• MBA preferred
• Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
• Team management experience
• Solid business judgment and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• Strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
• Strong track record of business partnership
• The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
• Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top