Sr. Finance Manager, AWS
- Arlington, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to join the AWS Insights, Planning, & Analytics Team. The successful candidate will provide cross functional leadership across multiple teams and initiatives, developing key financial models and insights required by senior leadership to inform long-term strategic investment decisions, including Capex, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet and Competitive Insights. We are looking for a consummate Finance leader who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment, and who exercises high standards and good judgment. The successful candidate will be capable of diving deep and demonstrating strong financial analyses skills. The individual will lead a small team of financial analysts and will have have strong influence on our financial systems roadmap and financial insights reviewed at the CFO level.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Owning the consolidation, analyses, and reporting on Capital Expenditures ($billions), working capital, and other cash flow models for AWS
• Owning cash forecasting for all international countries where AWS operates and ensure liquidity needs are met timely
• Developing high quality, data-driven financial analyses that drive business insights and support informed decision-making by company executives
• Partnering with stakeholders including Accounting, Finance Technology, Treasury, and Tax to identify opportunities and business requirements for financial systems, process improvement, and technology innovation/automation
• Driving adhoc CFO/CEO financial and strategic analyses
• Managing the executive-level cloud competitive intelligence desk analyses and quarterly reporting
• 12+ years' of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
• MBA or MS in Finance or related field
• Advanced excel skills
• Prior FP&A experience in a global, multi-layered organization, with a successful track record of managing a team
• High attention to detail, comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
• Track record of delivering results with a high degree of accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Process management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working directly with senior business leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top