Sr. Finance Manager, AWS
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to support the AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS) business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services - now widely known as cloud computing - based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform.
Read more about EBS at: http://aws.amazon.com/ebs/
This position, responsible for the oversight of the business's P&L with a focus on Product Revenue and Usage, will work closely with the Executive team, EBS product management and Business Development. It also will interact with key business partners across the AWS organization to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the EBS businesses.
Responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting of progress towards goals, and ad-hoc business analytics and modeling supporting initiatives to improve the efficiency of the service. Additionally, this role will own models and processes to manage, explain, and control capital spending for EBS. It will also aid in the optimization of fleet capacity utilization, evaluate new business opportunities, and drive business initiatives. This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities. Strong ownership, curiosity, and a desire to learn are ideal fits for this role.
• Serve as key Finance partner for the Product team, working directly with head of Product Management and leadership team
• Drive long range planning, and quarterly and fiscal year forecasts of different Product lines within EBS
• Lead monthly and quarterly financial and operational performance reporting providing analysis and insights to senior leaders
• Participate in Usage/Revenue analyses, in collaboration with BI team to identify drivers of business performance, and potential opportunities
• Build complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including Pricing analyses for both existing and new products
• Own and drive projects during planning and forecasting cycles (OP1/OP2)
• Develop, improve and automate financial reports
• Own and deliver on ad-hoc business support projects
• 12+ years' of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
• MBA preferred
• Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
• Team management experience
• Solid business judgment and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• Strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
• Strong track record of business partnership
• The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
• Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top