Sr. Finance Manager
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Amazon seeks a Sr. Finance Manager to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This leader will primarily focus on program management of planning and reporting initiatives related to free cash flows and close timeline efficiency improvements. Through partnering with systems teams and other FP&A teams across the company, this individual will drive significant improvement to finance processes, leading to improved data for the CFO, Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and Investor Relations.
- Own the company cash flow forecast process, including systems and data improvements, distributed ownership of drivers and inputs, detailed variance analysis, and improved forecast accuracy across planning and actuals data sets.
- Drive ownership across the company and implement continuous improvements based upon analysis and learnings.
- Provide free cash flow reporting to senior finance leadership to inform decision making, including new businesses and/or geographies and the resulting free cash flows impact.
- Partner with Treasury and Tax to plan cash and foreign currency scenarios.
- Identify opportunities for close timeline efficiency improvements including automation and coordination with upstream and downstream organizations.
- Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for systems enhancements.
- Partner with finance teams across the company to standardize, streamline, and prioritize improvements, remove roadblocks, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
- Raise the bar on hiring, developing, and retaining the best talent to continue building our world class team of finance professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant finance experience
- 5+ years of directly supervising teams and developing people
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Leadership in taking ownership, prioritizing competing tasks, sound decision making, and delivering results
- Experience working in a matrix environment, influencing strategy, and achieving goals by working across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
- Expertise in leading financial processes and structure, preferably in a global organization with P&L and/or FP&A responsibility
- Experience serving as a trusted partner to senior leadership teams through short term and long term financial planning processes, confronting and overcoming challenging situations, enabling growth, and driving efficiency improvements
- Respected leader of a team that inspires growth and development, attracting and retaining the highest quality finance professionals
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus, COGNOS experience also a plus
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred, CPA a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top