Sr. Finance Analyst, AWS Infrastructure
- Seattle, WA
Amazon tops the 2018 Harris Poll for most reputable company, scoring first for Emotional Appeal, Products & Services, and Financial Performance, and top ten for Vision & Leadership and Workplace Environment. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader in cloud infrastructure and services, supporting hundreds of thousands of customers of all sizes.
In AWS Finance, you will work with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. We benefit from diverse experiences and perspectives and are committed to inclusion as a business advantage and the right thing to do. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon's business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
We are seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our finance organization supporting the AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team. This role is on the AWS Infrastructure Finance team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in designing and procuring server equipment. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers. You should be comfortable with the detail and be able to connect it to the big picture and communicate the story behind the numbers.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Perform monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting processes for server capital expenditures
• Analyze freight costs and optimization of partner selection
• Perform controllership and accounting checks including the useful life of assets
• Partner with AWS Infrastructure FP&A teams to support compelling, business drivers and create clear, concise communication for consumption by senior leadership. Work cross-functionally with business partners and various finance teams on strategic initiatives requiring NPV analyses and monthly reporting on financial status.
• Develop metrics and reports to provide visibility into cost structure and drive actionable goals with business team
• Develop business cases for ad-hoc projects and present recommendations to AWS senior management.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline and a minimum 5+ years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive change.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Solid business judgment and controllership focus.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top