In AWS Finance, you will work with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. We benefit from diverse experiences and perspectives and are committed to inclusion as a business advantage and the right thing to do. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon's business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst (SFA) to join our worldwide AWS Network Finance team. Amazon's network enables the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers in dozens of locations across the world. The AWS Network team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon, including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, intelligence, throughput, and reliability. The network is simply critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
The SFA will own the development of financial models and metrics that drive critical business decisions within the AWS Network team. The candidate will operate in a technically challenging and fast-paced environment and regularly interact with senior leaders in the AWS Network business. Specifically, this role will:
• Work closely with engineering business partners to identify and quantify the financial benefits of new technical initiatives in the AWS Network business
• Build and automate marginal unit cost reporting tools that accurately reflect the consumption of network resources used by AWS services
• Support AWS global expansion opportunities by analyzing region-specific networking cost structure to inform service pricing proposals
• Represent Network Finance in collaboration with finance teams across the infrastructure organization to assess wide ranging cost reduction opportunities
• Develop fluency in Amazon's data resources to enable data-driven support for analysis
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with designing and building automated tools for financial or operational reporting
• Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to quantitatively evaluate business problems and communicate findings to senior executives
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing workload
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in SQL
• Proficiency with a scripting language
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.