Sr. Finance Analyst, AWS Consumer Special Projects
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join an exciting special projects team working to build entirely new best in class consumer products. We are customer-obsessed, working on big-bets in an innovative environment, and reward intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers. This finance role will actively influence financial, strategic and operational decisions.
Primary responsibilities will be to support one of our new products Amazon Explore through launch and beyond, continuing over the lifetime of the product. The ideal candidate will be scrappy and possess a keen sense of ownership for building a new business from the ground up, identifying key business questions and building analyses to answer those questions in a highly ambiguous environment. The successful candidate will also be a self-starter who has a track record of earning trust quickly and positively influencing the business partners and their decision making process. The candidate will have proven abilities to manage complex projects by effectively prioritizing, building relationships with the stakeholders across Amazon, and diving deep as needed.
The key responsibilities include:
• Drive the core financial processes for the teams including WBR, Annual Operating Plan, R&O, long range Strategic Plan and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
• Business partnership and strategy: Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication based on data driven approach across all aspects of the business working closely with various leaders and teams (business development, operations, marketing, product, tech, etc.)
• Financial planning and operations: Identify business levers that influence the P&L and develop the business/operational metrics and insights to provide key guidance to the organization. Drive business accountability to ensure the organization is rigorous in driving scale, operational efficiencies, and profitability
• Financial coordination and execution: Work with various Corporate and FP&A teams to ensure accurate planning for the business and compliance with established processes, policies, timelines, etc. Work with accounting, tax, legal, business and other finance teams at Amazon to prepare for and enable product launches and execute business plans
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and
• 5+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience supporting an early stage and/or hybrid business (consumer & digital)
• An MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
• Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
• Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Passion for startups understanding of how startups operate
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• An ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• An ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
• A desire to grow professionally as the role's responsibility grows rapidly with the business
• Ability to effectively work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top