Sr. Finance Analyst, Amazon Air
- Seattle, WA
Who we are:
Amazon Air Finance seeks to answer these questions with a thoughtful data-driven approach to controllership, leveraging resilience and curiosity in our quest to develop and share outstanding financial acumen for the benefit of our business. We work with speed and purpose, partnering closely with Operations, HR, and many other dynamic teams in collaboration on best results for all of our customers. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new launch initiatives, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to leadership driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
Amazon Air Finance is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be a trusted finance partner. Experience with this team opens up amazing career opportunities across Amazon, e.g. team management roles supporting an impressive array of business areas, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail, as well as with research scientists, technical product managers, and software developers in pursuit of an optimized business. This role will create and sustain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills and challenge your ability to drive advocacy. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for business effectiveness, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identify high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems impacting company-wide strategic decision-making.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Proven analytical and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex financial views to business teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top