*Relocation to Amazon Corporate offices in Seattle, Boston, Detroit or Nashville is supported.
Field Safety Engineers are responsible for ensuring that all safety requirements and policies are being adhered to for product deployment activities. They will collaborate with the Robotics team and suppliers/contractors in the development of effective safety solutions for their implementation and validation. The Field Safety Engineer will support and perform various safety analyses of the deployment plan and processes, and collaborate with program managers, contractors/suppliers, engineering, and warehouse teams to develop safety check lists that support scaling of product deployments. The role will interface with program managers, engineering, operations, safety, suppliers and contractors through the deployment of a product.
The primary responsibilities of the Field Safety Engineer are as follows:
• Perform safety analysis activities during Alpha and Beta phase product deployments.
• Assist in the safe deployment of new equipment in partnership with engineering, facilities, safety, and operations teams, suppliers, and contractors.
• Develop a comprehensive safety protocol for contractors installing robotics equipment in various fulfillment centers around the world.
• Validating contractor credentials to ensure they are certified/trained/competent to perform the required work and review contractor safety risk assessments and job hazard analyses (JHA)
• Advises site safety, engineering and operations teams on safety regulations and regulatory compliance concerns relating to field environment and construction safety.
• Ability to travel up to 75% to locations across the US and beyond.
To successfully execute the roles and responsibilities above, the Field Safety Engineer requires skills and experience in the following areas.
• BS degree in an Environment, Health, and Safety discipline or equivalent degree.
• 5-7+ years of experience working on industrial construction projects with strong understanding of safety standards and requirements.
• Must be familiar with applicable construction safety regulations and guidelines, including OSHA 30, 500 and 510.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with confidence to present to large executive audiences.
• Experience with machinery safety
• Knowledge of ANSI B11, ISO 12100 and other Type C machinery standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us #DRPM