Sr. FEE - Amazon Publisher Services
- New York, NY
We are open to hiring this role in Palo Alto, NYC or Austin!
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We provide services and advanced technologies to web, mobile app and advanced TV publishers of all sizes, including many of comScore's global top 100, to help them monetize their content with demand from multiple programmatic buyers. Our server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
You will work on projects spanning multiple organizations and work closely with PMs, UX and Solution Architects. We are looking for engineers who are motivated by solving technical challenges and building reusable, high quality, and scalable software. We primarily use React, Javascipt, AWS, home grown, and open source systems.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• (Set up the technology, frameworks and development methodology for the new FE team
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
• Develop rich looking responsive user interfaces using modern front-end web technologies
• Lead the frontend applications architecture to develop common reusable code
• Lead discussions to analyze our needs, then improve and develop front-end solutions
• Instill the culture of software quality from creation to production deployment. Write quality code backed by automated unit, integration tests.
• Instrument apps, debug to resolve production issues and tune the applications to improve performance.
• Break down the work items, assign tasks to junior engineers and mentor them to grow
• Continuously learn modern technologies, share with team, improve best practices for frontend applications development and delivery
• Build and operate the systems based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle
• 7+ years of Front end development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many different front-end technologies and the curiosity and ability to pick up more
• Experience setting up software engineering best practices within your team and mentoring junior engineers
• The ability to be self-directed, and be able to direct the work of other front-end engineers as a Technical Leader
• Mastery of toolset from applications development, production build & deploy tools.
• Experience developing highly responsive, performant large-scale applications for consumers with different devices and network speeds
• Experience instrumenting applications, performing advanced level debugging, analysis and working with ops to debug production issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top