Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this role, you will be part of Amazon Lab126's ESD group with full ownership of designing for ESD. You will closely work with PD/EE/SW teams, and support the teams starting from the initial design phase, failure analyses, issues root cause and proposing corrective actions. You are expected to have deep understanding of physics behind ESD related failures and techniques needed to deliver products meeting immunity requirements for ESD. In this role, you will:
• Design and analysis of ESD protection for consumer products
• System-level ESD testing for troubleshooting
• Evaluation and selection of system-level ESD protection devices
• Drive existing system-level ESD simulation methodology to the next level to address current and future design challenges
• Electromagnetic and circuit-level modeling of electronic devices for system-level ESD simulations
• Work with cross-functional team during architecture, design and validation phase.
• You will be responsible for keeping executive management up to date on key research and product issues
• MSEE with at least 4 years of experience or BSEE with at least 7 years of experience
• Experience in system-level ESD design for consumer electronic devices
• Experience in system-level ESD testing and measurement techniques
• Experience with ESD failure mechanisms of electronic devices and ICs
• Simulation experience in the area of ESD and/or EMI, signal integrity
• Experience in 3D electromagnetic fields simulation and circuit analysis tools
• Experience with analog and digital circuit design such as low power circuit, audio circuit, processor architecture, memories, RF integration, and various communications protocols (I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.).
• Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout using common tools (Orcad, Allegro, etc.)
• PhD degree in ESD/EMI/EMC fields
• Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and drive various cross-functional team members
• Lab experience in ESD gun, TLP (Transmission Line Pulse) machine, ESD current probe, high voltage measurement, etc.
• Experience developing robust designs for EMI and RF de-sensitization
• Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design
• Experienced in signal/power integrity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.