Sr. Enterprise Architect, AWS CAF (Cloud Adoption Framework)
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about the human aspects of cloud adoption? Do you enjoy taking a holistic approach to large, complex challenges? Are you the person people turn to when they need to breakdown complicated problems into smaller, easy to understand parts? Do you have a history working as an Enterprise Architect and/or Solution Architect?
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, professional services and partners to help them leverage the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework to accelerate the value received from adopting the AWS Cloud.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers from a wide range of industry verticals. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help develop, document and evangelize the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
• Partner across AWS and the AWS Partner ecosystem to integrate the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework across programs
• In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community. Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, whitepapers.
• Build relationships with senior leadership within customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's of Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent professional experience
• 8+ years of experience as an Enterprise Architect or Solution Architect or equivalent technical experience
• 5+ years developing reference architectures, architecture frameworks, or working with standards organizations (e.g. IETF, ISO, IEEE)
• Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions.
• Experience speaking at large customer-facing events
• Experience writing whitepapers, thought papers, or opinion papers
• Experience working with executive audiences
• Certification in Zachman, TOGAF or CITA-P
• Experience working with benefit/value realization frameworks or methods (e.g. Cranfield BDN, Prince2, PMI's BRM, etc.)
• Ability to work with highly-distributed virtual teams
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of common business and IT metrics/KPIs
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments and customer base
• Expertise in two or more industry verticals
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Ability to work independently and work through ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top