Sr. Engineering Capital Planning Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One!
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is looking to hire a talented and committed Sr Engineering Capital Planning Manager for its growing Engineering team to play a critical role in managing Amazon's fast growth and technology innovation needs.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Sr. Engineering Capital Planning Manager to support the capital planning and project execution processes for the continued expansion of its EU fulfillment network. Successful candidates will have a strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals. This individual will support other teams to deliver fulfillment network capacity on time. The Sr. Engineering Capital Planning Manager will develop and help simplify processes, will have a high work capacity while being detail oriented and agile to manage the impact of business changes. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing with and influencing various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization to be successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with internal Amazon teams to deliver network capacity on time through capital planning effectiveness:
• Help create, submit and track the relevant CAPEX documentation to enable all projects to be delivered on time, within budget and at best overall value.
• Track the status of all critical inputs for active funding requests.
• Develop, maintain and audit standard item lists containing unit price, vendor, part # etc. for standard process equipment.
• General data entry and data auditing tasks.
• Schedule and moderate multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams to obtain or share information and track deliverables.
• Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organizational team structure.
• Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on an as needs basis.
• Provide equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competitiveness.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
• Understand operational processes.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering, Science/Technology, Business or Finance related field.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel.
• Experience with detailed documentation and analytical thinking.
• Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• A quick learner with excellent analytical, quantitative and communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel up to 20% across projects in Europe.
• Detail orientation with proven problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of MYSQL and PowerBI.
• Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational needs
• Ability to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others who are not in your reporting chain.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Back to top