Alexa Growth Team is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Sr SDE) to help drive customer growth and retention across the whole Alexa ecosystem (Alexa on mobile, Echo Dot, Echo Show, FireTV, etc).
In this role, you will be part of a small, agile team that is running 100's of experiments per year with the goal of increasing retention of Alexa customers. We will explore any new idea that has the potential to increase engagement, anywhere Alexa exists. This role is ideal for you if you're a jack-of-all-trades engineer who thrives on ambiguity, is passionate about experimentation and data, and wants to have a tangible impact on millions of users globally every day. You'll be a mentor to junior engineers, collaborate with peers on other engineering teams, and lead discussions that shape the design and implementation of these key new features. Candidates with prior growth experience preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience with modern application development paradigms such as Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, and Dependency Management
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Experience with a SQL-based database such as MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Redshift
• Experience with A/B testing
• Prior experience with AWS services such as ECS/EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch
• Prior experience working in a Growth-type team
• Prior experience with voice assistants