Sr. Engagement Manager - AIML
- Arlington, VA
AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our customers' needs, their missions, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering solutions. As an Engagement Manager, you will collaborate across roles to understand a customer's mission objectives and define project goals. You will lead peers, small teams, or groups of teams made up of AWS members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs, and potentially other third parties to create and execute a plan to achieve project goals by understanding AWS technologies, best practices, as well as the client environment. You will identify and mitigate limitations to execution.
You will guide US Intelligence Community customers to leverage massive amounts of data in developing Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models and adopting Artificial Intelligence (AI). You will apply AWS mechanisms to help customers envision strategic goals and requirements. You will use Agile delivery methodology to lead project teams consisting of business and technical resources while managing scope, schedule, and cost. You will use your management and leadership capabilities to successfully execute project plans, remain sensitive to customer needs, resolve issues, escalate when appropriate. You will work to exceed customer expectations by enabling Stakeholders capabilities and increasing cloud adoption.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
You will be passionate about working at AWS and live our credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be willing to take on any challenge and make a significant impact for your customer.
You will enjoy working with the US Intelligence Community to help them envision transformational cloud initiatives. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
You will deliver mission objectives by managing a matrixed team across multi-stream, agile, technical engagements for customers. Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes capturing and validating requirements, developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria and project milestones, and budgets.
You will ensure goal alignment across Stakeholder groups which may include customers, internal teams, and partners. Create and deliver communication tailored to the audience, ranging from executive level project updates to detailed sprint plans and financial reports.
You will apply judgement and tact to challenge, recommend, and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
You are a strategic thinker who can demonstrate understanding of requirements, foresee risks, make decisions guided by policies, procedures and a business plan with limited guidance.
You have business and financial acumen to manage the scope, timeline, and budget of each individual project.
You are a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their mission outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle through iterative feedback mechanisms.
You are a partner for the AWS Account, Support, and Service teams to convey customer and partner feedback and lessons learned to improve AWS products and service offerings.
You are able to travel to client sites within the DMV area to deliver professional services as needed.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email Chris Widmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 7+ years of customer-facing, large scale implementation consulting experience across multiple cross-functional teams.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise-level IT projects, at least 3 years of which followed documented methodologies such as Agile and Iterative development in a project management tool set (Confluence, Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc) and source code management products.
• 1+ year of experience with US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and US Government contracting
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
We are looking for a combination of these to compliment this job's basic qualifications. A successful candidate does not need to have all of these.
• Experience supporting National Security mission systems.
• Experience designing and implementing project plans for novel ML and DL approaches.
• Must be able to represent AWS within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
• Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate, and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements.
• Has at least two active project management certifications (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2).
• Shareable experience managing one or more projects with a combination of 10+ resources, 12+ months, or $500k+ in contract value.
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with all levels of Stakeholders.
• Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams to define requirements and apply strategic thinking.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
• Experience building artifacts to support external and internal Stakeholders resolve blockers as a program manager or project manager.
• Excellent presenter and communicator in both oral and written form in one-to-one and one-to-many forums.
• Proven success working with teams and executive leadership in a complex enterprise environment.
• Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
• Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, Saas).
• Demonstrated experience integrating AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ year of experience with US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and US Government contracting
• 5+ year of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
• 5+ years of experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top