Sr. Employee Relations Manager
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Employee Relations Manager to lead the Amazon Executive Escalations and Appeals Process Team. In this role, the Senior Employee Relations Manager will manage a team of 10+ employee relations investigators who respond to centralized associate complaints, concerns, and workplace issues and are responsible for identifying recurring patterns, conduct root cause analysis, and identify solutions that can be addressed with systemic process or policy changes.
The Amazon Appeals Process is an alternative to traditional systems for resolving day-to-day disagreements for employees who want to challenge a disciplinary matter or the application of a specific policy. The Escalations and Appeals leader will provide strategic guidance for the maintenance and expansion of Amazon Appeals at current and new launch sites around the world.
The individual also will work directly with the Company's senior level HR leadership on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and time sensitive. Balancing time between case management, projects, and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to the Director of Employee Relations within the Worldwide Operations Human Resources group at Amazon.com. This position will work actively with local, regional and centralized Human Resources, Operations, and Customer Service Leadership to refine best practices. This role requires travelling and working extended hours when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum seven years direct experience in employee relations, labor relations, human resources or labor/employment law with an emphasis on employee investigative work
- Minimum of five years' experience managing a team of professionals, preferably in human resources or employee relations
- Proficiency with reading/editing/writing executive level summaries, narratives, and business reviews
- Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, and comfortable working with, and managing large amounts of information and data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to influence and interface with all levels of the organization and in all types of situations including issue resolution
- Technically proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment & labor laws
- Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus (this position is not an in-house counsel role)
- Experience in manufacturing/distribution/call center locations
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- Experience identifying and resolving difficult issues independently and proven abilities to take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Demonstrated results in building programs, processes, procedures and communications
- Direct experience conducting employee investigations and resolving workplace concerns
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top