The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a cross-functional team of engineers who seek out and find all hardware issues during product development. The Hardware Signal and System Validation teams require expert software engineers to architect, design, develop, and integrate multi-disciplinary tools to fully stress our hardware systems on the way to creating some of the best devices in the world.
This is a high impact and strong growth opportunity for a candidate who has a desire to innovate and optimize the systems around them. Creating excellent products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, practical experience writing software for embedded hardware systems, and a broad base of knowledge to interact with and integrate tools from other cross-functional software teams.
Join us to improve the way we test our hardware and ensure we delight all of Amazon's customers.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 3+ years of embedded development experience
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices: coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• MS or PhD degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years working on consumer electronic hardware including device bring-up and performance tuning
• 5+ years of object-oriented design and programming experience in Java, C#, C++, Python, or similar modern languages in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environments
• Embedded systems experience with focus on Linux or RTOS
• Understanding performance and memory in Android/Linux and embedded development constraints
• Familiarity with SoC or embedded CPUs
• Experience designing and writing firmware and device drivers
• Experience working with hardware teams
• Experience integrating with automation frameworks to optimize testing data collection and efficiency
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering duties
• Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships