Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a cross functional team of engineers who obsess over our customers and our devices by seeking out and finding all hardware issues during product development. The HW QA and HW Validation teams require expert software engineers to architect, design, create, and integrate multi-disciplinary tools to fully stress our hardware systems on the way to creating some of the best devices in the world.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a desire to innovate and optimize the systems around them. Creating excellent products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, practical experience writing software for embedded hardware systems, and a broad base of knowledge to interact with and integrate tools from other cross-functional SW teams.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 7+ years of industry experience
• 5+ years of object-oriented design and programming experience in Java, C#, C++, Python, or similar modern languages both in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environments
• 5+ years working on consumer electronic hardware including device bringup and performance tuning
• 2+ years of experience contributing to architecture and design of existing and new systems
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices: coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• MS or PhD degree in Computer Science
• Experience integrating with automation frameworks to optimize testing data collection and efficiency.
• Experience designing and writing firmware
• Experience writing desktop and web applications as well as microservices
• Experience working with hardware teams
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering duties
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top