Sr Embedded Software Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Ring is looking for a skilled Senior Embedded Software Engineer to help us bring the Always Home Cam to market. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design, and innovate consumer electronics products in the IoT and robotics space. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
The Ring Always Home Cam is a new consumer technology innovation from Ring, coming in 2021. This autonomously flying indoor security camera will fly to chosen, personalized viewpoints and lets users easily check in on things to give them peace of mind. Ring Always Home Cam charts a new path forward in whole home security by providing multiple viewpoints in the home with one, single device no matter what's happening, you're always home.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience with hands-on embedded software development.
• Experience testing and validating embedded firmware and software.
• 5+ years of experience with common embedded system interfaces and protocols (i.e. I2C, SPI, UART, etc.).
• 5+ years of experience with C/C++.
• 's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related field.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through product launch.
• Excellent written and verbal communications; able to explain complex and technical topics.
• Experience designing software for robotics systems that have been deployed at scale.
• Experience with rapid iteration prototyping and joint hardware/firmware development.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top