Sr Embedded Software Engineer - Connectivity
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Software Development Engineer - Bluetooth, you will engage with experienced cross-disciplinary staffs to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms. Horizontally you will be given to opportunity to work and own connectivity solutions across all Amazon digital devices spanning from Kindle, Fire TV, Echo, IoT Smart Home solutions and more as well as application on mobile devices
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Bluetooth connectivity team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases. This includes delivery and maintenance of an evolving feature rich, high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
• Implement high-quality Bluetooth stack, framework and application features.
• Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
• Implement power management features.
• Implement and provide testing facilities and tools for QA, HW and factory teams.
• Implement application on mobile devices to communicate with Amazon devices over Bluetooth link.
• Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize drive, stack and application code.
• Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
• Support compliance and certification activities.
• Be able to occasionally travel internationally.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
• 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development in Bluetooth domain; application, framework, Bluetooth stack or drivers.
• 3+ years of experience in Bluetooth and BT smart (low energy) specifications and standards with knowledge of Bluetooth stacks such as BlueZ, Bluedroid or other proprietary Bluetooth stacks.
• 3+ years of experience writing mobile application based on Bluetooth technology.
• 3+ years of experience in one or more specific technical areas such as Audio, WiFi, ZigBee, Thread, device interfaces (SDIO, I2S, I2C, USB, UART, SPI,PCM), filesystems, system performance and profiling.
• 3+ years of experience with driving products or platforms through Bluetooth certification.
• 3+ years of experience with capturing and analyzing Bluetooth stack, HCI (bt snoop) and Bluetooth over the air sniffer logs.
• 5+ years of experience programming with java/C/ C++/ C#.
• Experience with Home Automation product development
• Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
• Technical document writing experience using Visio, Word, Excel
• System-level integration experience
• Linux kernel programming experience
• DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience
• Experience reading schematics
• Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope and logic analyzer
• Data analysis and debugging skills
• Master's degree
• Scripting experience with Perl/Python/Tcl
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Linux on ARM CPUs
• JTAG experience
• Shell scripting experience
• Application development experience
• Experience with other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, 802.15.4 based technologies like ZigBee and Thread
• Experience with wireless coexistence between Bluetooth, LTE, ZigBee,Thread,Wi-Fi
• Factory experience
• Experience with IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top