Sr Embedded Software Engineer
- Munich, Germany
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 7+ years of development experience in C or C++, and familiarity with SoC or embedded CPUs.
• 7+ years of experience with driver development, Linux system development, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems
• Knowledge of 802.11/WiFi Protocols, such as WiFi Direct, WMM, WPA, 802.11n/ac, etc.
• Experience with WiFi solutions from one or more major WiFi chipset vendors.
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
• Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
• Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
• Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top