We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As the Senior Software Engineer you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of a large end to end project. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff for a confidential new project. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You will investigate and propose design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. Your technical leadership will help the team to quickly adapt to innovative product requirements and deliver high quality software in a fast-paced environment.
• Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way.
• Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
Apply core software engineering skills daily such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
• Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models from device SW, Mobile applications, and backend services.
• Mentor other developers on the team or across teams
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years relevant work experience in software development
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with full stack development across software platforms, mobile apps, web services, APIs and UX
• Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems in Java/C#/other modern languages that have been successfully delivered to customers with other engineers working under your guidance
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers for their career growth and effectiveness
• Experience in communicating with users, partner teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Expertise in AWS products and services, and experience developing embedded and mobile solutions
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in developing HIPAA/FDA compliant software.