* Note: This job is located in Hudson, MA
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to develop solutions that require significant innovation for our Amazon Dash Cart team, located in Hudson, MA. We are all currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until the end of December.
Amazon Dash Cart allows shoppers to checkout without lines you just place the items in the cart and the cart will take care of the rest. When you're done shopping, you leave the store through a designated dash lane. We charge the payment method in your Amazon account as you walk through the dash lane and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Dash Cart uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Check it out at https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21289116011 .
As an experienced Embedded Software Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation.
Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Note RE position location: This position is located in Hudson, MA (not downtown Boston or Cambridge).
- You will serve as the technical lead for embedded systems through the entire product life cycle, from inception and roadmap through design and into production.
- Design and implement robust digital designs for various embedded devices. Perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Modify the Linux kernel for low-level device driver updates.
- As a member of our team you will partner with vendors to deliver new components to the required specification and schedule.
- Function as a subject matter member on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management.
- You will travel to the supplier and contract manufacturer sites to partner and collaborate on product development activities (10% - 20% travel).
o Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science with wireless network coursework or research, or related field with 7+ years' industry experience
o 4+ years of professional software development experience in programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
o 7+ years of experience in embedded C/C++ programming, debugging, and test automation using embedded Linux and device driver development
o Experience with a scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl)
o Hands-on experience in characterizing wireless network performance and optimization
o Knowledge of hardware interfaces, electronics schematics, board bring-up, system integration and debugging
o Hands-on experience with wireless and networking protocols such as IEEE802.11 and their configuration in a Linux environment (e.g., wpa_supplicant)
o Familiarity with common networking protocols such as DHCP or DNS
- Master's degree in Engineering.
- Experience in C and Python programming in a GNU/Linux development environment.
- Experience developing digital electronic hardware
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and partnering closely with mechanical engineers to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.