Sr. Electrical Engineer - Digital and RF
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world using a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites. This system packs some of the highest throughput per square meter between earth and space while optimizing the user experience.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer, who has a demonstrated track record of defining, architecting, implementing, verifying, putting into production and deploying to the field highly reliable, power efficient, and low cost systems. You will help solve the difficult and rewarding digital and RF challenges on the Project Kuiper satellite and ground wireless systems.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space and ground based systems. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• Perform trade studies, circuit design and analysis, design reviews, schematic capture, component selection, circuit board stack-up design, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, and write documents.
• Partner with cross-functional teams including mechanical engineering, software, circuit board layout, test, integration, reliability, compliance/regulatory, verification, qualification, manufacturing, program management, etc.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in hardware development across full product life cycles, concept to production to release to market
• Designed and implemented products which incorporate RF circuits, high-speed serial interfaces, and high performance FPGAs
• Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering
• Experience as the technical lead, leading small groups of other engineers across multiple designs
• Demonstrated design innovation in complex board design, and ability to work through detailed issues with thermal, system design, software, and size / weight / power / reliability / performance with other teams
• Experience in developing precision clock architectures and timing systems, mmWave RF systems, EMI/EMC, firmware development and integration
• Excellent debug skills, usage of oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzer, TDR, etc.
• Excellent communicator - written and verbal
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top