We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for an outstanding Hardware Development Engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We're looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 10+ years of relevant work experience
• Strong Mathematical/Statistical/Physics fundamentals
• Strong analog, digital, and high-speed circuit design
• Experience in communicating with end users, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features and refine technical designs
• Expert with industry standard PCB design tools
• Proficiency in firmware development/programming languages
• Experience as a technical lead designing hardware systems/products that have been deployed to customers at scale
• Master of Science or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience as a technical lead managing small teams of engineers; ability to mentor and guide junior engineers
• Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
• Experience designing avionics systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
• Excellent end-to-end system debug skills; ability to operate a broad range of electronic test equipment
• Experience working/partnering with mechanical engineers to design aerospace/avionics enclosures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.