Sr Editorial Strategist, AWS Solutions Architecture
Imagine if you could help shape the future of architecture and go on a journey where few have tread before? We have a team ready, but we need an Editorial Strategist to ensure success, will you join us?
We want to help our customers build cloud native applications, and adopt new ways of thinking about technology solutions. We are building an information rich product that uses advanced tooling to deliver the right content and advice to customers as they plan, build, and operate their workloads on AWS. You will enjoy the opportunities in this role if you like managing a program with multiple streams of activity, working across multiple teams and coordinating efforts across the globe to build a content rich solutions to enable education.
We are looking for an experienced Editorial Strategist who can identify what content will help our customers best, and build a sustainable approach to delivering it to a high quality bar. Come be a part of defining a product that will increase customer awareness of architectural best practices. In addition to managing multiple streams work, you must be but is willing to get involved in creating new processes and content, and helping the team win on a day to day basis.
As the Editorial Strategist for the team you will define how we deliver a rich information environment. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and exciting opportunity. You'll work alongside Development and Subject Matter Experts to define plans and strategy, and you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality integrated content.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define schemas and editorial styles for content across text, video etc.
- Develop Information Architecture for content integration and discovery
- Create processes and backlogs for content management to production
- Maintain a roster of Subject Matter Experts, and ensure they are trained and engaged
- Put in place analytics and quality measures to understand the value and use of content by users
- Evolve a content management approach, and drive the implementation of a content and asset management system
- Lead and direct a small team of technical writers to produce and manage content
- Develop and manage plans and roadmaps that successfully deliver promised results
- Interface with stakeholders at all levels to gather requirements and feedback, define objectives and deliver results
- Comfortable presenting to Sr. Leadership
- Degree in English, Technical Communication, or related field
- Advanced grammar and rewriting skills
- 5+ years in content strategy and management
- 3 to 5 years' experience managing content creators/editors
- Experience building content for technology products for business users
- Demonstrated ability to define editorial processes, procedures, and policies for content
- Hands-on content publishing background with demonstrable experience building medium sized corpus using XML, Schema, HTML and PDF publication.
- Information Architecture experience, including search, schemas (DOCBOOK, DITA, etc.)
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Experience using data to drive improvements in the quality of content and content discoverability.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience in creating content for Education and Enablement products
- Experience in using Kaizen and Lean
- Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology
- Knowledge of cloud computing
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top