Sr. Editor, Prime
Amazon Prime is seeking goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented Sr. Editor to help build content and voice for our dynamic membership program. You will play a significant role in engaging customers and creating a best-in-class member experience via weekly email content, copy, and editorial features. You will also serve as a lead stakeholder on copy and messaging across the business, helping to align key stakeholders and partner teams, defining how and where we talk to Prime members across our onsite and offsite channels.
The Sr. Editor will work across the business to source, develop, and write key launch announcements and weekly content for inclusion in Prime email newsletters. S/he will partner with other Prime benefits teams including but not limited to Movies, Music, Fresh, Pantry, and more, to ensure that the most relevant messages are being surfaced. S/he will also work closely with internal marketing partners on targeting, metrics, and ongoing strategy for content syndication. Key to success in this role is the ability to think both from a customer perspective and think/act like a news editor, understanding what messages are most valuable and PR-worthy and how to bring that content forward in the most engaging manner.
Creative-thinking is also critical to this role, as is the ability to forge one's own path in a highly ambiguous environment. In addition to collaborating cross-functionally on copy/tone, you will develop content strategies, prioritize projects, drive the launch of new features, and create compelling business documents for senior management. Finally, you must possess an eye for innovation, in order to identify opportunities for content efficiency and automation, and then work cross-functionally to implement those improvements.
This role requires a considerable amount of autonomy to execute tasks in a timely manner and to a high degree of quality.
- BA/BS required in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience designing and executing highly visible editorial programs
- Strong understanding of email, social media, and other marketing channels
- Proficiency with HTML, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools and systems
- Experience with SEO is a plus
- Experience with Excel and online metrics tools such as Omniture and Coremetrics
- Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI—from development through deployment
- Passion for the Prime and Amazon ecosystem
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper project management
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top