Sr. Display Process Engineer
- Shenzhen, China
As an Ops Display Process Engineer, you will own the development of FPD (Flat Panel Display) process.
Responsibilities will include:
• Drive suppliers to develop a reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable process that meets product quality specifications and throughput from proto to MP
• Lead the suppliers in evaluating and optimizing FPD process to achieve product quality, reliability, performance and yield.
• Drive failure analysis.
• Work with development engineering teams to identify/select the best method/process for mass production.
• Build DOEs and use data analysis to drive process development and improvements
• Support GCM/SQM to audit and qualifying new supplier
• 7~15 years of display industry experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects in several supplier locations.
• Process and equipment knowledge in displays, semiconductor processing, LED manufacturing, or consumer electronics industry
• Experience in bringing a display prototype to MP
• Ability to interpret optical requirements and engineering drawing
• Process detail oriented with analytics skill skills to deep dive into solving process related trends and pattern
• Working knowledge of failure analysis tools commonly used in FPD and semiconductor industry
• Knowledge of Display related technologies.
• Experience working with Display manufacturers on Process improvement projects.
• Solid understanding on quality tools such as statistical process control, Six Sigma, Lean, process improvements, yield improvements, cycle time reductions, pareto charts, root cause analysis, failure modes, test procedures, gauge reliability and repeatability, FAI (first article inspection), CpK (statistical process capability), GR&R etc.
• Good verbal & written English communication skills
• Up to 50% travel is required
• Hands-on experience in the development of high volume manufacturing processes and equipment in the flat panel display or semiconductor industry.
• Hands on experience in the display or semiconductor process technologies such as: screen printing, etching, cleaning, R2R process, COG/FOG/COB bonding etc
• Experienced with building DOE (designs of experiment) and then statistically analyzing data from DOE for decision making.
• Proficiency in other languages other than English and Chinese will be an added advantage.
• Able to understand display optical specs
• Can read and interpret engineering documents
• Ability to travel on short notice
Back to top