Sr. DevOps Consultant
- United States
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity.
The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. The Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed (50 to 75%). Candidate can be based anywhere in the US as long as they can travel to customer locations.
We are looking for people that have:
• Experience working with the Federal Government, innovating to solve problems and enabling mission readiness and success
• A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
• Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
• Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
• Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
• Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top