Sr. Developer Marketing Manager - Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is rapidly growing in importance. We're seeing more and more amazing AI work being done from home automation and mobile apps to financial trading and shipping logistics. Given the scale required for complex deep learning, the cloud is an ideal place to deploy machine learning applications, and we're looking for someone passionate and deeply excited about this space. We need that rare technologist that is as comfortable working with an engineering team as talking with a journalist to join our AWS Product Marketing team. Someone who is devoted to helping customers understand how AI can make a big difference to their businesses.
The AWS Product Marketing team is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-directed marketing manager to join a growing team that is responsible for driving the development and adoption of the artificial intelligence on the AWS platform by developers around the world. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the marketing programs required to build a thriving community of data scientists and AI developers. This will include designing and implementing marketing campaigns, programs, and events that help developers become successful using AWS for deep learning applications. This role is also responsible for community growth programs like user groups, integrating AI into the AWS Community Heroes program, and initiatives that focus on helping our customers learn from each other.
Ideally, you are someone that has experience building campaigns and programs that foster deep, meaningful adoption of technology. You have an innate understanding for developers and how they make decisions to use technology. You also have a track record of building successful, metrics driven, scalable, and customer-centric marketing programs. If you are passionate about helping developers innovate and create tomorrow's amazing software, then this is the perfect role for you.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. We are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build an engagement strategy for data scientists and AI developers that is aligned with the goals of the AWS' engineering and business development teams
- Create compelling digital and in-person campaigns that delight developers and increases use of AWS tools and technology
- Establish programs that encourage peer-to-peer interaction for AWS customers
- Create a content strategy that ensures highly credible and effective messaging for AWS services that are used by developers
- Identify and coordinate AWS participation at key third party developer conferences and events
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, technology investment banking, management consulting, or product management
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
- A bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (product videos, web content)
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability earn the trust and respect of engineering and product teams
- Practical knowledge of popular developer tools and development paradigms
- Track record of success in building successful engagement programs for technical audiences
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, open source software, and deep learning frameworks
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Apache MXNet, TensorFlow, Torch, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud-based applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top