The Search Design team invents and simplifies the shopping experience daily. We obsess over customer behavior and data to help us deliver customer innovation on a massive scale. We are building the cornerstone product search experience for modern e-commerce with the goal of changing the way people shop. Our work impacts millions of people daily and is a critical part of Amazon's global business.
Our team is growing and we're looking for a passionate Sr. Design Technologist who leads by doing, loves solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work everyday. The ideal candidate is a full-stack developer, equally passionate about developing new customer experiences as well as creating the infrastructure to support rapid prototyping. You will work directly with a team of UX Designers and Design Technologists and will be able to directly influence both design and technology decisions.
This position if fully remote with a preference of it being in NYC
Upon joining the team, you will contribute to (among other things) ...
• evolution of a React-based component library
• creation of new APIs that deliver live product data
• evolution of the team's internal documentation and tools
• 'Think Big' initiative for Amazon retail design system
Do you have ...
• experience working with AWS in production environments?
• a bias towards simple engineering solutions vs the overly-complex?
• a passion for working across the entire development stack, from front-end rendering to back-end infrastructure?
If so, you may be the candidate we're looking for.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location fully remote!
• 8+ years of proven success driving innovation and prototyping projects that lead to demonstrated customer/business impact
• Experience using AWS in production environments
• Knowledge of databases and AWS database services: ElasticSearch, Redshift, DynamoDB
• Experience using dashboarding tools for exploration and presentation, connected to real data sources
• BS/MS in computer science, technology, design, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience with machine learning (ML) tools and methods is a bonus
• Experience with the latest prototyping tools (Framer, Figma, Sketch, XD)
• The ability to meet ambitious deadlines, manage ambiguity, work autonomously and deliver high-quality work on schedule in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Experience and passion for developing visually polished, engaging, and highly fluid UX prototypes