Sr. Design Researcher, Appstore
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Appstore team works on products and experiences that are designed for multiple Amazon devices such as Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo show and other next gen devices. The team is looking for a highly experienced and motivated design researcher to raise the bar on how we gather and apply customer insights at Amazon and help us develop our next generation of customer experiences across these devices. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon's next innovation?
You will be a part of the design team that closely partners with product teams and devices central design team. The team plays an important role in influencing the key design decisions, especially when it comes to cross-pollination experiences. The team has a global foot hold with presence in key geographies and design experiences that are contextual and relevant for local marketplaces. This growing team is currently looking for a Sr. Design Researcher to join us in the mission at our downtown Seattle location.
• Help product teams and leadership determine the right research questions to ask, creating long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform business strategy and goals.
• Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
• Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
• Successfully persuade decision makers at all levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings - inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
• Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
• Work independently with design, product management, engineering, and marketing, partners to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
• Advance the development of sophisticated insight-based knowledge management frameworks used to drive decision-making and prioritization of investments.
• Generate insights and artifacts that influence and are adopted by other teams across Amazon.
• 7+ years of experience contributing to the design of successful digital products and services, with a strong portfolio that illustrates how your research contributed to this success.
• Broad experience with the full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas.
• Experience independently designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services.
• BA/BS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, or a related field.
• MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, or a related field.
• Experience in the utilization of behavioral data and the design and analysis of A-B tests a plus.
• Skill in use of data analysis, data visualization, and knowledge management tools a plus (e.g., Tableau).
• Skill in developing rapid UI prototypes and data collections tools a plus.
• Solid understanding of the design process and how research is appropriately integrated at each phase.
• Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
• Facility for uncovering root causes of good or bad research results for a given UI design; able to deconstruct product interfaces from a system-wide view into meaningful and useful component parts, and demonstrate the significance of each part's relationship to the other parts, and to the system as a whole.
• Solid grasp of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
• Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
• Strategic, business-building approach to UX research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.
• Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets.
• Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top