Sr Design Manager, Consumer Payments
- Seattle, WA
The moment a customer makes a payment on Amazon is when trust is established trust that the item is delivered on time, a refund is provided quickly if needed, a digital movie purchased will play immediately, a seller receives their disbursement, and hundreds of other experiences across Amazon when a customer completes a payment. The Payment Acceptance & Experience (PAE) team, within the Consumer Payments organization, has the mission to build the most trusted, intuitive, and accessible payment experience on Earth.
We are seeking a seasoned design leader to help our organization realize this vision and support Amazon's expansion globally with ownership of user experience, visual design and UX research. In this highly visible role, you will lead the team that owns the payments checkout page, design framework for the integration of 55+ payment methods globally and the Amazon Wallet to help customers manage their payment methods and pay online, in-store and on 3rd party merchant sites. You will synthesize customer needs and business opportunities through research and partner with technical, product and marketing leaders to deliver on our global roadmap. You will deliver bar-raising UX designs that align with our payments brand and set design tenets that scale across hundreds of businesses and thousands of software developers at Amazon. As an expert in design and research best practices, you will leverage a deep understanding of customer needs, strong technical acumen, and strategic long-term business thinking to drive vision, execution of next generation initiatives, as well as deliver improvements to the payment experience.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring and compassionate people leader, highly adept at hiring and developing high-performing teams. You create mechanisms and processes to deliver high quality product experiences in an effective, predictable way. You are a consumer-focused, data-driven, creative leader who has successfully designed and delivered high impact products at global scale. You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence. You lead with strong, hands on design and technical expertise and are skilled at developing and socializing innovative vision throughout organizations. You prioritize effectively in fast-moving and ever-changing environments and communicate clearly and persuasively. You think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of strategic plans to the execution details. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Build and lead a highly effective UX design organization, including customer research, design systems, UX and visual design, and copywriting
• Work in close collaboration with product, engineering, marketing, and business development partners to drive business and launch decision-making
• Craft the UX vision and strategy for Payment Acceptance & Experience in close collaboration with design leaders across Payment Products, Amazon Pay, Amazon Wallet, Physical Stores, including UX north star vision, UX frameworks, and close partnership with the Amazon Pay brand team
• Own customer research prioritizing work streams that scale across product, marketing, and engagement to inform our product direction and business model to support all of Consumer Payments including Digital & Emerging Payments teams
• Influence external payment partners to raise their CX to meet the Amazon customer expectations and capabilities at scale
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience driving creative strategy and execution for digital products.
• 5+ years of experience leading creative, multi-disciplinary teams.
• A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field or equivalent industry experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
• Experience executing research programs and using customer insights and data to deeply understand customers
• Enjoy working and leading in ambiguous, fast-moving environments
• Comfortable working with A/B testing data to inform design-led experimentation
• Cross-platform digital interface experience mobile, web, voice, physical retail
• Experience building payment experiences and leading design for fintech products
• Design experience in a global context
• Passion and high bar for stunning visual design
• Committed to learning and teaching professional and technical knowledge
• Master's degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top