Sr. Delivery Service Provider Account Manager, Logistics
The goal of Amazon's Delivery Service Provider Management Team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over Amazon's current and future transportation initiatives.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Developing and managing the complete procurement and business development life cycle including identification of potential suppliers, contract negotiations, vetting, onboarding, performance analysis, QBRs and compliance audits.
- Continuously transforming our mix of delivery providers in order to engineer a delivery network with the highest quality, reliability, flexibility, and lowest cost.
- Manage and execute entire cross-functional projects or components of large programs, from start to finish; including data gathering and manipulation and analysis, forward looking supply chain approaches, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Creating and implementing improvements to our transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers.
The ideal candidate has a background in logistics, procurement and/or supplier management within a cross-functional organization. The candidate is as comfortable working on high-level strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized, innovative logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and negotiate effectively on behalf of our customers.
This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment. Passion and drive for customer service is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility in transportation, logistics or operations, procurement or related field
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills when confronted with difficult situations exhibiting ability to keep the team focused and motivated
- Ability to drive successful partnerships with cross-functional leadership to execute strategic initiatives and develop strategic roadmaps
- Candidate must be flexible with hours and travel (approximately 30% on average).
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Experience as a transportation customer as well as a transportation provider
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Demonstrated skill at building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top