Sr. DB Migration Specialist
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Cloud is where it's at this goes without saying. Enterprises of all shapes and sizes are moving to the cloud and they need your help to do it. If you want to help migrate companies to the cloud while providing input on the products and services needed to enable this mass migration read on.
This is no small task, as you'll be helping large customers get a great start on their cloud migration journey. You'll use your experience and real-world know how to help build proof of concept projects for customers and develop their own migration center of excellence teams. If you're interested in having a measurable impact on businesses ranging from educations institutions through to multi-national corporations this is the role for you.
We are looking for talented migration specialists/architects that are passionate about databases and data warehouses, and are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to real-world problems. You will be forward-looking and aware of the latest DB technology offerings (including both relational and NoSQL), and migration methodologies.
Databases Services at AWS covers a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide. You will be dealing with implementing programs which merge all the service content, programs, and processes to drive migrations to the cloud.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as migration specialist on the MaaS team gives you the opportunity to:
• Engage with companies in a diverse range of industries and verticals.
• Solve complex problems that will revolutionize computing in the cloud.
• Work for a company that's at the forefront of the cloud computing space.
• Be involved in the fast growing managed services space learn from the experts.
• Join the team whose activities are regularly called out publicly by our CEO.
In this position you will deal with demanding customers and pressing deadlines but that just keeps things interesting. You'll have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams. You should have proven ability to execute both strategically and effectively, and be excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and you should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Specific ownership includes the following:
• Working with customers, AWS sales, professional services, solution architects and product teams to drive migrations.
• Assisting with the execution of migration discovery workshops with the largest enterprise customers.
• Building out proof of concept migration projects including database and application migration.
• Identifying technical solutions to migration obstacles while ensuring appropriate resources including training and assistance are available as required.
• Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers.
• Operate test environment in cloud, run and dive deep into test results, perform diagnostics and troubleshooting, open, prioritize, and help triage defects, track and report test status and results.
• Experience working as a Senior / Lead Solution Architect, migration specialist, DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of one or more relational databases or NoSQL systems including Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
• Oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
• Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
• Knowledge of database migration software and technologies.
• Native AWS Database knowledge is highly desirable.
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies.
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
• Experience with software development methodologies and programming languages such as Java or C#.
• Consulting experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top