Sr DB Migration Consultant
- Hyderabad, India
Senior DB Migration Consultant:
At AWS, we are looking for a Senior Consultant with a successful record in producing high quality deliverables, leading highly complex projects, and achieving customer outcomes by designing and developing complex and highly available database systems.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
• Work directly with customers' technical and business teams to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
• As a leader of the team/project, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, databases, and services on the AWS platform
• Help design and implement AWS RDS, Aurora and/or Redshift architectures and configurations for customer
• Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
• Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
• Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems
• Develop test plan to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Think Big and Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services
• Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
• Travel to customer locations when required to sell and deliver professional services.
• You will be based in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Pune and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
• 15 + years of experience in a technical position working for enterprise customers
• 10+ years of experience in database development/migration using Oracle or PL/pgSQL
• 5 + years mentoring and leading a team
• 5+ years hands-on experience on Oracle DB and SQL
• Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
• Proven expertise on architecture patterns and continuous improvement
• Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
• Experience in performance optimization techniques
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
• AWS Solutions Architect Certified
• High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Scripting language (bash, Perl, python)
• Experience in Database Administration backup/restore, replication, etc.
• Experience in ETL workflow management
• Experience in non-relational databases DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
• Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions Redshift, Greenplum, etc.
Back to top