Sr Database Engineer
Are you interested in being part of a fast paced technology company? Amazon.com was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services.
The Amazon Fabric technology team is seeking an exceptional Sr. Database/Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to join the Data Services team. The Data Services team is responsible for everything data – including Data Warehousing, Database Administration, Data Science / Machine Learning and BI.
As a Sr. Database Engineer, you will partner with Business Stakeholders and IT Engineers to build solutions to business problems. This position requires the ability to wrangle data, a great business sense, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-driven analysis. You will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of Amazon/Fabric.com customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a related field
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Demonstrated strength in database administration, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Data Warehousing experience with SQL Server, Redshift, etc.
- DBA experience managing large-scale production SQL Server, Postgres, or Oracle instances.
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills
- Knowledge and direct experience with a business intelligence reporting tool (Microsoft BI suite, SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, MicroStrategy, etc)
- Experience in a Reporting tool such as Crystal Reports, Power Query, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like Dynamo DB or MongoDB
- Experience developing SSIS packages
- Experience using AWS Redshift
- Working knowledge of AWS Techologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top