Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Boys, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm and the upcoming Eddie Murphy's Coming 2 America. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
The vision for the Engagement Automation (EA) team is to inspire Amazon customers to engage with all that the Prime Video brand has to offer such as streaming video, rent/buy, and Channels. To achieve our vision, we create product and technology and machine learning solutions that introduce Amazon customers to Prime Video, and drive incremental activation and engagement of PV customers worldwide. We obsess over finding effective and scalable ways to reach PV-eligible customers WW with relevant and timely content that drives traffic to the PV experience, and results in incremental first streams, monthly active customers, and Prime Originals, Amazon Channels, and TVOD streams.
As senior data scientist you will work with senior Prime Video business marketing leaders to identify key ares of opportunity and growth among content and customer segments. You will also leverage cutting edge statistical techniques and segmentation models to design and analyze A/B tests. Your insights and models will be leveraged in production ML models in identifying the best High Value Action to promote to a customer, as well as key customer segments to promote or stop promoting newly launched titles on Prime Video. There is opportunity to lead a team of business intelligence engineers as well.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
• Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
• Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
• Experience designing and analyzing A/B tests.
• Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer's organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.