Sr. Data Scientist - ML Labs
- Berlin, Germany
Machine Learning (ML) has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
The ML team within AWS provides opportunities to innovate in a fast-paced organization that contributes to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on devices and the cloud. As a Sr. ML Data Scientist in the AWS ML Solutions Lab team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience.
You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. You will help by developing new ML models, pipelines and architectures to help customers solve their critical business cases, such as autonomous driving, supply chain optimization, predictive maintenance, fraud detection and more. You will support our customers on their ML journey by helping to develop Proof of Concepts, and at the same time helping them understand the technology behind the scientific choices you make.
We're looking for Senior ML Data Scientists capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
• Use deep learning, machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection
• Interact with customers directly to understand the business problem, help and aid them in implementation of DL/ML algorithms to solve problems
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes
• Work closely with account team, research scientist teams and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
This position requires travel of up to 40%.
We at AWS value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
This team will be comprised of Deep Learning Architects and Data Scientists to create cutting edge solutions for clients across EMEA. We are currently recruiting for talented individuals in the following cities: London and Berlin. Discover more at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/amazonai.
• Masters degree (or European advanced degree equivalent) in Computer Science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
• Several years of relevant experience in building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems in a production environment
• Experience in using Python, R or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software language
• Experience with statistical modelling/machine learning
• At least 1 year of experience specifically with deep learning (e.g., CNN, RNN, LSTM, etc.)
• Experience hiring or mentoring more junior colleagues
• Fluency in written and spoken German and English
• PhD degree in Computer Science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
• Strong working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics
• Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar
• Fluency with other European languages are a plus
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top