Are you passionate about conducting research to develop and grow leaders? Would you like to impact more than 1,000,000 Amazonians globally and improve the employee experience? If so, you should consider joining People Experience and Technology Central Science (PXTCS). Our goal is to be best and most diverse workforce in the world. PXTCS uses science, research and technology to optimize employee experience and performance across the full employee lifecycle, from first contact through exit.
We use survey research, market research, machine learning, and causal inference to understand business dynamics, drive behavioral change, support evidence-based decision-making, and help develop innovative, intelligent products that Attract, Hire, Retain, Grow, and Gracefully Exit all employees at Amazon. We are looking for someone with a strong business acumen and who is a that can expertly navigate complex, ambiguous business challenges by asking the right questions, knowing what methodologies to use (and why), efficiently analyzing large data, and communicating results to multiple audiences (e.g., technical peers, functional teams, business leaders).
The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills (writing, interpersonal, public speaking), deep expertise across all facets of research fundamentals (research design, measurement, statistics), the drive to deliver high quality results quickly, and the ability to adapt to ever-evolving work environments and business priorities.
Major responsibilities will include:
• Managing global-scale research initiatives across multiple business segments that impact leaders in our organization
• Managing the full life cycle of large-scale research initiatives (i.e., develop strategy, gather requirements, manage, and execute).
• Manage and lead market research studies to understand employee profiles, motivators, barriers and unmet needs and apply insights into employee segmentation strategies.
• Conducting experiments, analytics, and compute behavioral process s for a deep dive understanding of systemic and individual level drivers; combine and qualitative to inform research.
• Working with internal partners and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity to enable an inclusive workforce for business impact.
• Collaborating with a cross-functional team that has expertise in social science, machine learning, econometrics, psychometrics, natural language processing, forecasting, optimization, business intelligence, analytics, and programs.
• Developing and evaluating measurement and causal s that effectively identify leaders experiences, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors that play a role in determining business outcomes including retention, safety, quality, engagement, and productivity.
• Ability to query complex from multiple sources, cleaning, and advanced statistical analysis.
• Writing high-quality, evidence-based documents that help provide insights to business leaders and gain buy-in.
• Serving as a subject matter expert on a wide variety of topics related to research design, measurement, analysis.
• Sharing knowledge, advocating for innovative solutions, and mentoring others.
• Evaluating research initiatives to provide bottom line value, ROI, and incremental improvements over time
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• Master's degree or higher in a social science field (e.g., Psychology, Economics, Marketing Science, Sociology, etc.).
• 5+ years conducting end-to-end scientific research in an applied setting.
• 3+ years experience with market research methodologies for employee segmentation, identify motivators, barriers and unmet needs
• 3+ years developing and implementing measurement s in an applied setting.
• Advanced skills in and R, Python, or similar.
• Demonstrable expertise on research design methodologies for experiments, quasi-experiments, and non-experiments.
• Experience with qualitative research methodologies, including grounded theory, ethnography, focus groups, etc.
• Conducting scientific HR research in manufacturing, production, distribution, or related industries.
• Deep understanding of societal systems of bias, and ability to apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify business and HR processes.
• Applied understanding of the elements and principles of enginering.
• Experience conducting research on a global scale.
• Experience in roles that provided consumer analytics and insights
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience consulting with senior management and executives in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and program/project management skills.
• Adaptable, creative, and comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and change.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.