Are you interested in building and driving the technical vision, strategy, and implementation for AWS Hardware? AWS Hardware is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to help lead the definition and prioritization of our customer focused technologies and services. AWS Hardware is responsible for designing, qualifying, and maintaining server solutions for AWS and its customers as well as developing new cloud focused hardware solutions. You will be a senior technical leader in the existing Data Science and Analytics Team, build, and drive the data science and analytics needed for our product development and operations.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you are considered a data science leader on your team. You take the lead on large projects and drive solutions to complex or ambiguous problems. You design solutions that help us take advantage of business opportunities (new and existing). You are a key influencer of your team's business strategy and are able to influence the strategies of related teams. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. You help raise awareness of new and well-established data science techniques, actively mentor and develop in your organization. Last, you are externally aware of the state-of-the-art in the data science field and are constantly focused on advancing the state-of-the-art for improving Amazon's products and services.
The ideal candidate will be able to solve complex or critical problems using data science principles that are highly accurate, stable, secure, scalable, and cost-effective. You will have hands-on experience leading multiple simultaneous initiatives as well as be able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies choices.
You will strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by statistical proof. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing KPIs, programs, tests and research in order to drive business solutions using computational techniques, and statistics to support strategic and tactical decision-making. You will have significant experience performing large-scale data analysis and reporting and will be responsible for developing, improving and simplifying our models. This person has the opportunity to leverage extensive datasets and provide meaningful insights to improve the customer experience as well as optimize business decisions for Amazon.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, expert knowledge of statistics and algorithm development, and an analytical mindset. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse customer groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
• A bachelor's degree in statistics, data science, applied mathematics, computer science, or engineering is required. An advanced degree from a highly respected academic institution is strongly preferred.
• 8+ years' experience working as a Data Scientist.
• 5+ years' of hands-on experience using tools such as R, Python, SQL, Stata, Spark and/or Matlab.
• An MBA is preferred.
• Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services is a plus.
• Prior experience using reporting tool such as D3.js, Tableau, Kibana, Qlik or equivalent.
• Strong business acumen with an understanding of the marketing, accounting, decision support models, operations, leadership, and financial levers that drive profit, loss and customer experience.
• Deep experience with data mining, data analytics, predictive modeling, and advanced modeling techniques.
• Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines presenting findings to an executive audience.
• Experience with mentoring junior data scientists on the team.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.